Sunday, April 30, 2006

Abhi's Tag

Though I could not find the answers for many of the questions, here are a few from my .bak file. Thanks Abhi.....for this journey to past.


5 people who top your shit list….. and why:

  1. All those who lead the violence to Sardars after Indira Gandhi’s murder. I was really shocked to read the novel ‘Driksaksi’ by Unnikrishnan Thiruvazhiyodu. All those religeously mad people, who lead the the most in human acts during seperation. Again, two books, Lajja by Taslima Nazreen and Niram Pidippicha Nunakal by Yashpal gave me the shock of the life time.
  2. All those who are too loud in their phone conversations only to let others aware of their busy schedules and job status.
  3. One of my classmates, who marked a comment on lagging of our course as “Some of you do not want the course to be over because you have not got campus selection and you deliberately try to delay things. “
  4. All those who ask un necessary questions to peep into our personal lives.
  5. All those who tries to speak in their mother tongue in an official meeting where none of the others knows the language. I used to get irritated so many times, when two of my collegues used to speak in their language in team meetings.

Close brushes with death/danger:
Whenever I drive, I have the same feeling. I am too afraid to drive !!!!


5 Preferable modes of suicide, in descending order:
It needs a lot of courage to commit suicide. I don’t think I have the guts.


5 Guilty pleasures:

  1. Browsing for blogs and recipes while I have a ton of work to do.
  2. Emptying my purse and then my credit limit to buy cassets and CDs. Then I feel contented that I possess all those musical assets.
  3. Making Neypaayasam and Paalpaayasam using lots of Ghee knowing that it violates all my diet regimes.


5 things you never want to forget:

  1. The journey to Kerala the first time after coming to Delhi.
  2. The CUSAT Arts Festival in 2000. The last item was the Ganamela competition and our team was leading for only 1 point. At any cost, we wanted a place higher or equal to the opponent team. I was also a part of the Ganamela team and was having severe cough and sore throat. Some strange forces worked, we did it so well that we got the champinship also.
  3. The day my best friend got admission in CUSAT.
  4. The anniversary day in my school, when my poem was appreciated in public by late Bharatan sir.
  5. Paragliding which I had done in Manali. It was such a wonderful experience to fly over the snow seeing white, white and white.

5 things you wish to forget:

  1. Year 2002-2003 mid
  2. The days in the company X, where I was in a contract role. The humiliation and descrimination I had to suffer still remain as a wound to my self esteem.
  3. The responsibilities which abandoned me from going to Chennai when my ‘Valiachan’ passed away.
  4. The day when I got to know that I am loosing the life bud in my womb.
  5. The last night of my grandmother. She was suffering from cancer in her intestine and she didn’t know about the disease too.In the night before her death, she had a severe pain, her stomach expanded to double the size of a foot ball and she vomitted small parts of intestine too.



5 really exotic dishes you have tried:

  1. Kanji, cherupayar, Puli chaalichathu (made of small onions, tarmarind, red chillies and cocunut oil)
  2. Kappa with mulaku chammanthi
  3. Paavakka mezhukkupuratti made by my Maternal grandmother
  4. Aviyal and maanga chammanthi made by my paternal grandmother
  5. Gobi Parantha with raita and Mirch ka Achar from road-side Dhaba in December winters.
  6. Parippuvada, which has lots of chillies and piping hot tea


5 crushes/loves in your life… in chronological order

  1. My childhood friend
  2. Ajay Devgan
  3. The character Dr.Jayan in the novel Samanathaalam by K. Radhakrishnan
  4. My first and last love
  5. My life partner


Strangest dream you ever had:
This dream I used to see only when I am ill. I walk among rocks and fell down to deep back waters. Still, can’t findout the Geography of that place where I could see both rocks and back waters !!!

5 most valued personal possessions:

  1. My parents
  2. My school life, where I got the best teachers and best training to take out the best in me. It was the most beautiful ten years in my life.
  3. My friends
  4. My collection of CDs and cassettes
  5. My life partner without whom I could not have found my life so secure


5 favorite superheroes….. and why:

  1. Karnan in Mahabharatha for his boldness
  2. Bethovan for his superhuman talents
  3. Kuttichaathan, in the film My dear Kuttichathan

3 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Dhanush | ധനുഷ് said...

Lekshmi, thats a wonderfull write up. I am there with you on point no 5 on the shit list. I had suffered that a lot in my previous comp and a bit now here.(How did I miss it on my Shit list ??).
Let me know when you are making Neypayasam and Paalpayasam,I would be there to have it :))
Where are those poems in this blog ?

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger pophabhi said...

I didnt comment on this earlier. All the 5's has been really good. Neipayasam and Paalpayasam - it does break the diets of all of us! :)

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Krishnan said...

I DO believe i know the person No 4 on your shitlist :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home