Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V and a missed call

"Don't they have any work?"

This was the question from Sunil (My husband), when I told him about blogs and bloggers. I really don't understand, why people hate writing and reading. Is it because it demands a lot of time. No way, all the movie freaks, it takes the precious three hours from ur lives to watch a movie.

All these excuses are the result of computer usage. Blogging is an excuse we've found for not writing anything. Here, we are typing, not writing. Use of computers have made us illierates. The day when we have to ask somebody how to write letters in our Mother toungue is not so far. I really don't remember when I wrote something in Malayalam last time.

There are many occassions where I wanted to give a missed call to find out my lost key/paper/pen .... Ctrl+C, Ctr+V and Ctrl+Z are the shortcuts I want to use for writing the same matter twice, rollback the new culinary skills which I won't be able to presnt infront of Sunil.

5 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Dhanush | ധനുഷ് said...

Do write letters. It is true that Internet adn Mobile phones have been keeping people closer, but somewhere we are loosing the art of writing. My handwriting has gone horrible. I can't write more than a page of Malayalam these days. I had a good habit of writing letters earlier with my sis and a couple of friends. But as times passed and I got busy in this IT world, I lost those too somewhere. Now I am dying to start it all over.

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Dhanush | ധനുഷ് said...

Wow, I read you description now only. Can't imagine I too was one of the catalysts for your Talkies. Enatammo , Njaanara Mon :-)

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Ramki said...

Malayalathil ezthunnathu poyitte malayalathil chinthikkanulla kayive koode nastappettu kondirikkukayane...!!!Enthlilekkenu naraa ee kuthichottam?????

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Naveen said...

pretty true lakshmi.. i kinda subscribe 2 u'r thts (look at the way SMS has rund our splngs we r on t lk out to shrtn almst evry wrd :-))....

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger pophabhi said...

Malayalam!! Such a beautiful language. But yes, I get to write it....Not too often, but at least at times, although its to write the stuff I need to buy from shops. And lately, for our Nadakam that Bangalore Boyz are shooting at home! :) Really worth a thought...Nice post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home